Wednesday 17 April 2013

I can't remember



I can’t remember

Is that really me
That I see there
In my father’s arms
Way up high in the air?

I have no recollection
Of when this picture was taken
All I have is this black and white
Image to fall back on

It’s a bit of a mystery
And as I wonder who snapped the shot
I do see it’s in a public street with
The tardis style red telephone box

What am I doing in this snapshot
Of illusion and confusion
As I point at someone, something?
As my father focuses on the camera

As my father smiles casually
And my mother smiles graciously
I recognise the pose as she’s
Smiled that way many times before

She appears happy
With her hands clasped
Which I think is
A sign of contentment…

And I wonder at the mystery
Of no physical contact
Between my mother
And my father

(17th poem for NaPoWriMo)

No comments:

Post a Comment